BJP wants retired HC judge to probe murder of Gen Secy
Chennai: A day after its state unit general secretary was killed by unidentified assailants in Salem, Tamil Nadu BJP on Saturday wanted a detailed inquiry into the incident by a retired judge and bring the guilty to book.
"We want the guilty to be brought to book. We want a detailed probe into the incident by a retired judge of the Madras High Court," BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan told.
"We don`t want any probe similar to that of a formality. We want a detailed probe so that such incidents don`t happen in the future," he said.
BJP State General Secretary V Ramesh was hacked to death by unidentified assailants near his house in Salem last night, police said.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set