BJP wants retired HC judge to probe murder of Gen Secy
Chennai: A day after its state unit general secretary was killed by unidentified assailants in Salem, Tamil Nadu BJP on Saturday wanted a detailed inquiry into the incident by a retired judge and bring the guilty to book.
"We want the guilty to be brought to book. We want a detailed probe into the incident by a retired judge of the Madras High Court," BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan told.
"We don`t want any probe similar to that of a formality. We want a detailed probe so that such incidents don`t happen in the future," he said.
BJP State General Secretary V Ramesh was hacked to death by unidentified assailants near his house in Salem last night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured