BJP wants retired HC judge to probe murder of Gen Secy
Chennai: A day after its state unit general secretary was killed by unidentified assailants in Salem, Tamil Nadu BJP on Saturday wanted a detailed inquiry into the incident by a retired judge and bring the guilty to book.
"We want the guilty to be brought to book. We want a detailed probe into the incident by a retired judge of the Madras High Court," BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan told.
"We don`t want any probe similar to that of a formality. We want a detailed probe so that such incidents don`t happen in the future," he said.
BJP State General Secretary V Ramesh was hacked to death by unidentified assailants near his house in Salem last night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale
- Istanbul terror attack: 41 killed, ISIS prime suspect; Ataturk Airport resumes flights
- US polls: Barack Obama to campaign with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump shrinks gap
- NSG membership: We 'regret' India's failure in Seoul but won't give up, says US