BJP wants retired HC judge to probe murder of Gen Secy
Chennai: A day after its state unit general secretary was killed by unidentified assailants in Salem, Tamil Nadu BJP on Saturday wanted a detailed inquiry into the incident by a retired judge and bring the guilty to book.
"We want the guilty to be brought to book. We want a detailed probe into the incident by a retired judge of the Madras High Court," BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan told PTI.
"We don`t want any probe similar to that of a formality. We want a detailed probe so that such incidents don`t happen in the future," he said.
BJP State General Secretary V Ramesh was hacked to death by unidentified assailants near his house in Salem last night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics