BJP wants retired HC judge to probe murder of Gen Secy
Chennai: A day after its state unit general secretary was killed by unidentified assailants in Salem, Tamil Nadu BJP on Saturday wanted a detailed inquiry into the incident by a retired judge and bring the guilty to book.
"We want the guilty to be brought to book. We want a detailed probe into the incident by a retired judge of the Madras High Court," BJP state president Pon Radhakrishnan told PTI.
"We don`t want any probe similar to that of a formality. We want a detailed probe so that such incidents don`t happen in the future," he said.
BJP State General Secretary V Ramesh was hacked to death by unidentified assailants near his house in Salem last night, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror