BJP workers held for trying to stage demo against Narayanasamy
Karaikal: Thirty-two BJP workers were on Saturday arrested here when they attempted to stage black flag demonstration against Union Minister V Narayanasamy, police said.
The BJP workers were protesting against the Centre for "not taking steps" to stop attacks on Karaikal fishermen, allegedly by the Sri Lankan Navy.
The protesters had gathered at Varichikudi to stage the demonstration but police arrested them just before the convoy of the Minister of State in the PMO was to pass through.
Narayanasamy was here in connection with a party function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption