BJP workers held for trying to stage demo against Narayanasamy
Karaikal: Thirty-two BJP workers were on Saturday arrested here when they attempted to stage black flag demonstration against Union Minister V Narayanasamy, police said.
The BJP workers were protesting against the Centre for "not taking steps" to stop attacks on Karaikal fishermen, allegedly by the Sri Lankan Navy.
The protesters had gathered at Varichikudi to stage the demonstration but police arrested them just before the convoy of the Minister of State in the PMO was to pass through.
Narayanasamy was here in connection with a party function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert