BJP workers held for trying to stage demo against Narayanasamy
Karaikal: Thirty-two BJP workers were on Saturday arrested here when they attempted to stage black flag demonstration against Union Minister V Narayanasamy, police said.
The BJP workers were protesting against the Centre for "not taking steps" to stop attacks on Karaikal fishermen, allegedly by the Sri Lankan navy.
The protesters had gathered at Varichikudi to stage the demonstration but police arrested them just before the convoy of the Minister of State in the PMO was to pass through.
Narayanasamy was here in connection with a party function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!