Black flag protest to be staged during PM`s TN visit
Chennai: CPI(M)-affiliated farmers` association, Tamil Nadu Vivasayigal Sangam, Wednesday announced they would stage a black flag protest against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his Tamil Nadu visit over the proposed National Water Policy.
The association`s state general secretary P Shanmugam said the policy envisages "ceding" the country`s water resources to national and international companies which would lead to its monetisation, affecting mainly farmers.
The protest will be held demanding withdrawal of the proposal. It will be held at Thirumayam in Pudukottai district on August 2 during the Prime Minister`s official visit there, Shanmugam said in a statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata