Black flag protest to be staged during PM`s TN visit
Chennai: CPI(M)-affiliated farmers` association, Tamil Nadu Vivasayigal Sangam, Wednesday announced they would stage a black flag protest against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during his Tamil Nadu visit over the proposed National Water Policy.
The association`s state general secretary P Shanmugam said the policy envisages "ceding" the country`s water resources to national and international companies which would lead to its monetisation, affecting mainly farmers.
The protest will be held demanding withdrawal of the proposal. It will be held at Thirumayam in Pudukottai district on August 2 during the Prime Minister`s official visit there, Shanmugam said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'