Blackflag demo against Chidambaram foiled; 7 students held
Tiruchirappalli: Seven law students were arrested here today as police foiled their plan to show blackflags to Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram protesting the "attack" and arrests of Tamil Nadu fishermen by Sri Lankan Navy.
The students of the law college here were detained near a private college about an hour before before Chidambaram arrived there to participate in the convocation, police said.
They were arrested under section 151 of Indian Penal Code (Arrest to prevent the commission of cognizable offences).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan