Boats of 4 fishermen damaged by Srilankan naval personnel
Rameswaram (TN): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of four fishermen by pelting stones while they were fishing in mid sea off Dhanushodi on Sunday, officials said.
The naval personnel surrounded six boats of the fishermen, pelted stones at them damaging the vessels and also threw away the fishing nets, Assistant Director of Fisheries Thilomin Thyagarajan said.
As the fishermen were unable to return, rescue boats had been despatched to bring them back to shore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days