Boats of 4 fishermen damaged by Srilankan naval personnel
Rameswaram (TN): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of four fishermen by pelting stones while they were fishing in mid sea off Dhanushodi on Sunday, officials said.
The naval personnel surrounded six boats of the fishermen, pelted stones at them damaging the vessels and also threw away the fishing nets, Assistant Director of Fisheries Thilomin Thyagarajan said.
As the fishermen were unable to return, rescue boats had been despatched to bring them back to shore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!