Boats of 4 fishermen damaged by Srilankan naval personnel
Rameswaram (TN): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of four fishermen by pelting stones while they were fishing in mid sea off Dhanushodi on Sunday, officials said.
The naval personnel surrounded six boats of the fishermen, pelted stones at them damaging the vessels and also threw away the fishing nets, Assistant Director of Fisheries Thilomin Thyagarajan said.
As the fishermen were unable to return, rescue boats had been despatched to bring them back to shore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites