Boats of Indian fishermen damaged by SL naval personnel
Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of some fishermen and pelted stones at them while they were fishing in Katchathivu islet in the Palk Straits, fisheries department officials said.
The personnel also cut the nets of some of the 685 boats which had set sail from here yesterday and threw away their catch, the officials said.
No fisherman was injured in the incident, they said.
Katchathivu is an island ceded by India to Sri Lanka in the 1970s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof