Boats of Indian fishermen damaged by SL naval personnel
Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of some fishermen and pelted stones at them while they were fishing in Katchathivu islet in the Palk Straits, fisheries department officials said.
The personnel also cut the nets of some of the 685 boats which had set sail from here yesterday and threw away their catch, the officials said.
No fisherman was injured in the incident, they said.
Katchathivu is an island ceded by India to Sri Lanka in the 1970s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what