Boats of Indian fishermen damaged by SL naval personnel
Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of some fishermen and pelted stones at them while they were fishing in Katchathivu islet in the Palk Straits, fisheries department officials said.
The personnel also cut the nets of some of the 685 boats which had set sail from here yesterday and threw away their catch, the officials said.
No fisherman was injured in the incident, they said.
Katchathivu is an island ceded by India to Sri Lanka in the 1970s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report