Boats of Indian fishermen damaged by SL naval personnel
Rameswaram (Tamil Nadu): Sri Lankan naval personnel allegedly damaged boats of some fishermen and pelted stones at them while they were fishing in Katchathivu islet in the Palk Straits, fisheries department officials said.
The personnel also cut the nets of some of the 685 boats which had set sail from here yesterday and threw away their catch, the officials said.
No fisherman was injured in the incident, they said.
Katchathivu is an island ceded by India to Sri Lanka in the 1970s.
- Ban on big diesel cars not going to reduce air pollution: SIAM
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Governor allocates more personnel to douse flames
- Madrid Open: Serena Williams withdraws from Madrid Open with flu
- A decade-old Google Translate!
- West Bengal polls: Roopa Ganguly surrenders before court in assault case