`Body language` remark: DMK walkout from Assembly
Chennai: The opposition DMK on Tuesday staged a
walkout from the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a `body
language` comment against its senior leader and former
minister Duraimurugan by the ruling AIADMK.
Trouble arose when AIADMK member Manoharan made some
remarks against DMK during Question Hour, to which a DMK
member protested, saying such allegations should not be
levelled during the Question Hour.
Municipal Administration minister K P Munuswamy
intervened and objected to the `body language` of
Duraimurugan, seated in the front row and took it up with
speaker D Jayakumar.
Though Duraimurugan and other DMK members sought to
reply, their pleas were turned down by the Speaker, resulting
in the opposition party protesting vociferously. AIADMK
members retaliated in kind.
Meanwhile, Leader of the House O Panneerselvam intervened
and charged DMK benches with starting the trouble, which again
drew protests from DMK members.
Later another AIADMK member Valarmathy slammed
Duraimurugan, saying he was responsible among others, for
`insulting` Chief Minister Jayalalitha many years back when
she was in the opposition and he, therefore, cannot talk about
DMK once again demanded that they be allowed to respond
and asked the Speaker to expunge Valarmathi`s remarks, which
he declined. Subsequently, DMK members led by party
legislature leader M K Stalin staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India