Body of Cardinal arrives from Rome
Chennai: The body of Cardinal Duraisamy Simon Lourdusamy, who died last week in Rome, arrived at the airport here on Saturday.
Several senior priests and Arch Bishops received the body, airport sources said.
The body would be taken to Puducherry, his hometown by road and the mortal remains would be laid to rest on June 9, they said.
90-year-old Lourdsamy, born in Kalleri in Puducherry, was elevated as Cardinal in 1985. He was Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches at Rome.
He had died on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog