Body of Cardinal arrives from Rome
Chennai: The body of Cardinal Duraisamy Simon Lourdusamy, who died last week in Rome, arrived at the airport here on Saturday.
Several senior priests and Arch Bishops received the body, airport sources said.
The body would be taken to Puducherry, his hometown by road and the mortal remains would be laid to rest on June 9, they said.
90-year-old Lourdsamy, born in Kalleri in Puducherry, was elevated as Cardinal in 1985. He was Prefect Emeritus of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches at Rome.
He had died on June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon