Body of missing fisherman found
Rameswaram (TN): The body of another
fisherman, one of the four who had gone missing at sea, was
today found washed ashore at Solaikudi near here, police said.
The highly decomposed body was identified as that of
Anthony, hailing from Rameswaram, missing since April 2.
On April 6, the body of fisherman Victus was found
washed ashore at Nedunthivu along the Lankan coast. The body
was buried at Jaffna two days ago.
Two more fishermen are still missing.
Fishermen suspect that the boat in which the four had
ventured into the sea was sunk by Lankan navalmen after
killing them, police said.
The postmortem could reveal the facts, they said.
Meanwhile, the Tamil Nadu government today announced
Rs five lakh each as relief to the next of kin of the four
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE