Bomb found at Tirupparankundram hill
Madurai: A high intensity bomb was found planted between a cave-like structure between Kasiviswanathanar Temple and Sikander Dargah at Tirupparankundram hill, police said on Friday.
Police personnel along with Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad went to the hillock and defused the bomb, which was connected to a time device, yesterday.
Police said the bomb was packed in a polythene bag and kept in a plastic bucket. The timer of the bomb, connected to 16 nine volt batteries, was set for 11 pm yesterday.
The seized material had been sent to Chennai for examination, police said.
In May this year a low-intensity bomb rigged to a cycle exploded near an auditorium-cum-temple complex here causing a security scare ahead of the BJP state-level conference.
In October last year, a pipe bomb was unearthed at a nearby village on the Jan Chetna Yatra route of BJP senior leader L K Advani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America