Bomb hoax at girls` school
Coimbatore: An anonymous call that a bomb
planted in a girls` high school in the city would explode any
time proved to be hoax today, police said.
The school on Mettupalayam Road received a call from a
woman this noon, saying explosives planted in a classroom
would explode any time, creating a scare, officials said.
The school management declared a holiday immediately and
dispersed children and staff.
Police and bomb squad thoroughly searched the campus with
sniffer dogs but no explosives were found, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation