Bomb threat at Chennai airport
Chennai: Chennai airport, which is under
tight security in connection with the first anniversary of
26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, received a bomb threat on Thursday.
The airport telephone exchange received the phone call,
where the caller warned of a bomb attack on the airport and
disconnected immediately, officials said.
Following the threat, security in the airport was further
beefed up and checking intensified, they said, adding the call
was traced to a connection with just three numbers and a probe
is on to trace the caller, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what