Bomb threat at Chennai airport
Chennai: Chennai airport, which is under
tight security in connection with the first anniversary of
26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, received a bomb threat on Thursday.
The airport telephone exchange received the phone call,
where the caller warned of a bomb attack on the airport and
disconnected immediately, officials said.
Following the threat, security in the airport was further
beefed up and checking intensified, they said, adding the call
was traced to a connection with just three numbers and a probe
is on to trace the caller, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why