Bomb threat to Jaya AIADMK`s creation, alleges Alagiri
Madurai: Union minister M K Alagiri on Saturday
dismissed AIADMK`s claims of bomb threat to party supremo
Jayalalithaa during her proposed rally here next month as its
"They have themselves written the letter and claim
there is a threat. There is no such threat," Alagiri, also DMK
South Zone Organising Secretary, said.
The purported letter threatening to carry out a bomb
attack during AIADMK agitation was the party`s own creation,
Ignoring the threat letter warning of a bomb attack on
her if she went ahead with the Madurai rally, Jayalalithaa had
yesterday said she will launch a protest here on October 18
against the ruling DMK on various issues.
The threat letters were received at the AIADMK-backed
Jaya TV office in Chennai on August 28. Police have registered
a case and investigations are on.
Hitting back at Jayalalithaa for announcing the
protest against the DMK Government, Alagiri said she had no
"right to criticise the welfare measures being implemented by
the ruling party."
The AIADMK chief had not visited her Andipatti
constituency after winning the elections, he said.
"She is neither visiting the constituency nor doing
good to the people, but criticise us when we are doing good to
the people," he said.
He accused Jayalalithaa of scrapping all the DMK`s
welfare scheme during her regime and said "the present
government has implemented those schemes by doubling the
allocation for them."
Alagiri, elected to Lok Sabha from Madurai, said a
water desalination plant would be set up at a cost of Rs 1.5
crore from the MPLAD fund for the benefit of residents in the
Around 11,649 hut dwellers in Madurai would be
benefited by Kalaingar`s Housing Scheme, he said, adding the
rural employment guarantee programme had benefited 74,815
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27