Bombs recovered from roof of ancient temple
Tirunelveli: Two powerful country bombs
have been recovered from the 16th century Venkatachalapathy
Temple at nearby Krishnapuram, police said on Friday.
The bombs were recovered from the roof of the temple by a
bomb disposal squad yesterday after workers engaged in
cleaning operations discovered it and brought it to the notice
The bombs were later placed in a bucket of water and
Police said they are investigating all angles, including
whether any fundamentalists were involved in the act.
Temple officials said the temple, built by Krishnappa
Nayak 1564-1572, is famous for its beautiful sculptures,
considered among the best in the country.
The temple attracts a lot of domestic and foreign tourists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi