Book on LTTE founder released
Chennai: A book on the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam leader V Prabhakaran was on Monday released here by city-based historian S Muthiah.
`The Prabhakaran Saga - The Rise and Fall of an Eelam Warrior`, authored by senior journalist S Murari, depicts how Prabhakaran built LTTE as an organisation through armed struggle, among other things.
The first copy of the book, published by Sage publications, was received by journalist Malan.
Muthiah said improving the economic status of the Lankan Tamils would bring about a positive change in the island.
Former Director of South and Southeast Asian Studies at the University of Madras V Suryanarayan said more than the economic status, a political solution needed to found to the Tamils` problem.
He said the Island government should be committed in implementing the recommendations of the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Committee (LRCC).
Journalists and academicians, who spoke, said the Island nation must take steps to rehabilitate the displaced Tamils.
Murari said the book was the result of the innumerable visits he made to the Island as journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city