Book on LTTE founder released
Chennai: A book on the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam leader V Prabhakaran was on Monday released here by city-based historian S Muthiah.
`The Prabhakaran Saga - The Rise and Fall of an Eelam Warrior`, authored by senior journalist S Murari, depicts how Prabhakaran built LTTE as an organisation through armed struggle, among other things.
The first copy of the book, published by Sage publications, was received by journalist Malan.
Muthiah said improving the economic status of the Lankan Tamils would bring about a positive change in the island.
Former Director of South and Southeast Asian Studies at the University of Madras V Suryanarayan said more than the economic status, a political solution needed to found to the Tamils` problem.
He said the Island government should be committed in implementing the recommendations of the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Committee (LRCC).
Journalists and academicians, who spoke, said the Island nation must take steps to rehabilitate the displaced Tamils.
Murari said the book was the result of the innumerable visits he made to the Island as journalist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Zimbabwe vs New Zealand: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Pune under-construction building collapse: 9 killed, rescue operation underway
- G2A Direct gaming platform launched in India
- Sanjay Dutt to star in Mahesh Manjrekar's next