Brahmos achieves Mach 6.5 speed during lab test
Chennai: The latest version of Indo-Russian
Brahmos cruise missile has achieved a speed of Mach 6.5 during
experiments at Hyderabad and the target is to achieve Mach 7,
a top DRDO official said here on Monday.
"Experiments are being done in Hyderabad. We have
completed tests up to Mach 6.5," BrahMos Aerospace Private
Limited Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director A
Sivathanu Pillai told reporters here.
The target is to achieve Mach 7, he said.
Mach is commonly used to represent the speed of an object
when it is traveling close to or above the speed of sound.
BrahMos is a cruise missile that can be launched from
submarines, ships, aircraft or land.
Inaugurating an International Research Centre developed
by Sathyabama University and Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic
Research here, Pillai said nanotechnology is the buzzword in
the future and several countries were investing into it.
"Over 70 billion US dollars are being spent in this
field. Once, this technology is commercialised, it will
generate over USD 3 trillion per year," the DRDO scientist
Nanotechnology will be a boon for the health sector
especially to tackle diseases like Alzheimer`s.
The government has formed a nanotechnology mission and a
centre in Bangalore is being upgraded for this, Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA