`Bride`s family spent for nephew`s reception`
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged
aide and co-accused in the wealth case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, Thursday told a special court that the whopping expenditure spent for her nephew V N Sudhakaran`s
reception 17 years ago, was incurred by the bride`s family.
The amount of Rs 5.91 crore spent for Sudhakaran`s
reception in September 1995, was borne by the bride`s family,
Sasikala said during recording of her statement before the
court trying the rs 66 crore disproportionate assets case.
To another question of cheques of Rs 10 lakh and Rs three
lakh which were deposited into the account of J Farms owned by
Jayalalithaa from the account of Green Farm House, Sasikala
said the amounts were received from Jayalalithaa as "rent
"As Green Farm House (in which Sasikala is a
director) did not complete the construction within time, this amount was returned to Jayalalithaa."
Answering a question on Jaya Publications, she said the
balance in the account of Jaya Publications was from the
income from its business.
Of the 118 questions that Sasikala answered today, many
questions related to her ancestral properties. Sasikala
has so far answered 504 questions.
Sasikala`s counsel C Manishankhar then sought for
adjournment till March 29 on medical grounds stating that
she had to undergo certain eye tests, which was allowed
by the court.
The case, relating to alleged accumulation of wealth by
Jayalalithaa when she was Chief Minister from 1991-95, had
been transferred to Bangalore by the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details