Brother in law of DMK HQ exec commit secy hacked to death
Madurai: The brother-in-law of a DMK headquarters executive committee member was hacked to death at an onion market here on Monday by a three member gang, police said.
Pandi (40) an onion trader and mini lorry owner, was waylaid by the gang while he was loading goods in his lorry and hacked to death after a heated exchange of words, they said.
Police said they are examining CCTV footage installed in the area to get clues about the gang.
They said it was not clear whether the man, who was acquitted in a murder case in 2003, was done to death to avenge the death of a relative or for some other dispute.
Pandi was brother-in-law of VK Gurusamy, DMK Headquarters Executive member and former DMK councillor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family