Brother in law of DMK HQ exec commit secy hacked to death
Madurai: The brother-in-law of a DMK headquarters executive committee member was hacked to death at an onion market here on Monday by a three member gang, police said.
Pandi (40) an onion trader and mini lorry owner, was waylaid by the gang while he was loading goods in his lorry and hacked to death after a heated exchange of words, they said.
Police said they are examining CCTV footage installed in the area to get clues about the gang.
They said it was not clear whether the man, who was acquitted in a murder case in 2003, was done to death to avenge the death of a relative or for some other dispute.
Pandi was brother-in-law of VK Gurusamy, DMK Headquarters Executive member and former DMK councillor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers