Brother of Alagiri`s aide surrenders in court
Madurai: The brother of Essor Gopi, a close
aide of Union Minister MK Alagiri, and two others surrendered
in a court here in a murder case.
Gopi`s brother Easwaran, Kutti Alias Rajarathinam and Kader
Nawaz, who are among the 13 accused including Gopi in the
case, surrendered before Judicial Magistrate Sujatha who
remanded them to judicial custody for 15 days last evening.
The case related to the murder of one Pandiarajan on April
16, 2009 following an altercation over providing his land to
the CPI-M for setting up its election office during the last
Lok Sabha elections here.
Pandiarajan was beaten up and fatally runover by an SUV
vehicle allegedly by Gopi and his accomplices. Though a case
was registered, no further action was taken then despite
repeated complaints by the deceased`s wife and mother against
Gopi and others.
After the AIADMK came to power in recent assembly polls,
fresh investigation was ordered and three persons, including
the driver of the vehicle, were interrogated. A case against
13 persons was registered on the basis of their confession
recently, police said.
Gopi had already surrendered in a court in connection with
a land grabbing case and remanded to judicial custody. Further
investigation was on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred