Brother of TN CM`s close aide arrested in land grabbing case
Thanjavur: V Divakaran, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, a close aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, was arrested tonight following complaints of land grabbing, police said.
He was arrested at Sundarakottai near Mannargudi in Tiruvarur district, police said.
Police said a team led by DSP Anbazhagan arrested Divakaran, considered a strong man and close to AIADMK top circle.
Police said they had received some complaints relating to land grabbing by Divakaran.
Divakaran was on bail after his arrest in a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in Tiruvarur district in February last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion