Brother of TN CM`s close aide arrested in land grabbing case
Thanjavur: V Divakaran, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, a close aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, was arrested tonight following complaints of land grabbing, police said.
He was arrested at Sundarakottai near Mannargudi in Tiruvarur district, police said.
Police said a team led by DSP Anbazhagan arrested Divakaran, considered a strong man and close to AIADMK top circle.
Police said they had received some complaints relating to land grabbing by Divakaran.
Divakaran was on bail after his arrest in a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in Tiruvarur district in February last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India