Brother of TN CM`s close aide arrested in land grabbing case
Thanjavur: V Divakaran, brother of Sasikala Natarajan, a close aide of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, was arrested tonight following complaints of land grabbing, police said.
He was arrested at Sundarakottai near Mannargudi in Tiruvarur district, police said.
Police said a team led by DSP Anbazhagan arrested Divakaran, considered a strong man and close to AIADMK top circle.
Police said they had received some complaints relating to land grabbing by Divakaran.
Divakaran was on bail after his arrest in a case relating to the alleged demolition of a hut in Tiruvarur district in February last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened