BSP demands CBI probe into attacks against Dalits
Dharmapuri: The Bahujan Samaj Party Monday said a CBI enquiry should be held into the November 7 attacks on three Dalit colonies in the district by caste Hindus.
BSP National Coordinator Ashok Siddharth said they would depute observers to the hamlets who would later submit a report to party leader Mayawati for further action. `BSP will urge the Centre to order a CBI probe into the attacks," he told a public meeting here.
A crowd of caste Hindus, angered by a man committing suicide over his daughter marrying a Dalit boy, had torched 285 huts in the colonies in the district on November 7.
Siddarth urged Dalits to organise themselves `under the umbrella of BSP," as the party always fights for their welfare.
Earlier, a BSP team visited the villages of Nathamcolony, Annanagar and Kondampatti and interacted with victims of 268 families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3