BSP demands CBI probe into attacks against Dalits
Dharmapuri: The Bahujan Samaj Party Monday said a CBI enquiry should be held into the November 7 attacks on three Dalit colonies in the district by caste Hindus.
BSP National Coordinator Ashok Siddharth said they would depute observers to the hamlets who would later submit a report to party leader Mayawati for further action. `BSP will urge the Centre to order a CBI probe into the attacks," he told a public meeting here.
A crowd of caste Hindus, angered by a man committing suicide over his daughter marrying a Dalit boy, had torched 285 huts in the colonies in the district on November 7.
Siddarth urged Dalits to organise themselves `under the umbrella of BSP," as the party always fights for their welfare.
Earlier, a BSP team visited the villages of Nathamcolony, Annanagar and Kondampatti and interacted with victims of 268 families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!