BSP demands CBI probe into attacks against Dalits
Dharmapuri: The Bahujan Samaj Party Monday said a CBI enquiry should be held into the November 7 attacks on three Dalit colonies in the district by caste Hindus.
BSP National Coordinator Ashok Siddharth said they would depute observers to the hamlets who would later submit a report to party leader Mayawati for further action. `BSP will urge the Centre to order a CBI probe into the attacks," he told a public meeting here.
A crowd of caste Hindus, angered by a man committing suicide over his daughter marrying a Dalit boy, had torched 285 huts in the colonies in the district on November 7.
Siddarth urged Dalits to organise themselves `under the umbrella of BSP," as the party always fights for their welfare.
Earlier, a BSP team visited the villages of Nathamcolony, Annanagar and Kondampatti and interacted with victims of 268 families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!