BU teachers on hunger strike
Coimbatore: About 300 teachers and staff of Bharathiar University (BU) here on Saturday observed a fast, seeking withdrawal of a government order for handing over BU land to Anna University of Technology.
BU, following a government order, had already handed over 30.3 acres of land to Anna University, a fortnight ago, to construct its campus.
Protesting against the allocation, the teachers belonging Bharathiar University Teachers Association, staged the agitation in front of the university and wanted the government to return the land.
The teachers said giving the land would adversely affect the future projects of the 28-year old university and also the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh