BU teachers on hunger strike
Coimbatore: About 300 teachers and staff of Bharathiar University (BU) here on Saturday observed a fast, seeking withdrawal of a government order for handing over BU land to Anna University of Technology.
BU, following a government order, had already handed over 30.3 acres of land to Anna University, a fortnight ago, to construct its campus.
Protesting against the allocation, the teachers belonging Bharathiar University Teachers Association, staged the agitation in front of the university and wanted the government to return the land.
The teachers said giving the land would adversely affect the future projects of the 28-year old university and also the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state