Building collapse: Jayalalithaa enhances relief to victims from TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Monday enhanced the relief announced to the victims belonging to the state killed in a building collapse near suburban Porur.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said the Andhra Pradesh government had announced a sum of Rs five lakh as relief to next of the kin of the victims of that state killed in the mishap.
"Four of the victims in this unfortunate incident belong to Tamil Nadu. Besides the Rs two lakh announced earlier to their families, another Rs five lakh will be given from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund" taking the total to Rs seven lakh, she said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands