Building collapse: Jayalalithaa enhances relief to victims from TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Monday enhanced the relief announced to the victims belonging to the state killed in a building collapse near suburban Porur.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said the Andhra Pradesh government had announced a sum of Rs five lakh as relief to next of the kin of the victims of that state killed in the mishap.
"Four of the victims in this unfortunate incident belong to Tamil Nadu. Besides the Rs two lakh announced earlier to their families, another Rs five lakh will be given from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund" taking the total to Rs seven lakh, she said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped