Building collapse: Jayalalithaa enhances relief to victims from TN
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government on Monday enhanced the relief announced to the victims belonging to the state killed in a building collapse near suburban Porur.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said the Andhra Pradesh government had announced a sum of Rs five lakh as relief to next of the kin of the victims of that state killed in the mishap.
"Four of the victims in this unfortunate incident belong to Tamil Nadu. Besides the Rs two lakh announced earlier to their families, another Rs five lakh will be given from the Chief Minister`s General Relief Fund" taking the total to Rs seven lakh, she said in a statement here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP