Captain ‘cool’ beats up party worker
New Delhi: The upcoming Assembly Elections in Tamil Nadu seems to be generating a lot of political heat and this time popular actor and DMDK leader Vijayakanth has been caught on camera beating up his fellow party worker.
According to reports on Thursday, the DMDK chief, who is also known as captain, was caught on camera supposedly beating up his Dharmapuri candidate Baskar on the dais during a campaign in western Tamil Nadu.
The incident provided enough fodder to the TV channels of rival parties, including Kalaingar TV and Makkal TV backed by the PMK, to launch a scathing attack on the AIADMK-DMDK alliance.
The visuals of Vijayakanth beating up his party candidate were repeatedly telecast by these TV channels fuelling the political environment in the state.
However, the actor-politician has categorically rubbished reports that he had allegedly assaulted his party worker.
Vijayakanth even went on to boast that whosoever is beaten up by him will eventually become a king later. The actor-turned politician made the statement at an election meeting in Salem district on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, DMDK’s Dharmapuri candidate Baskar also denied being beaten up by Vijayakanth.
Explaining the sequence of events, he said that there was some problem with the microphone that Vijayakanth used. "It is only the microphone which the Captain tapped twice or thrice. Reports about me being attacked are all false," Baskar was quoted as saying.
Whatever one says, but this is not the first time that the hot-tempered DMDK leader has given vent to his anger and frustration, this time on an errant microphone.
Later, campaigning for the AIADMK`s Yercaud candidate, the actor also told his supports that he had not joined politics to make money since he had already made good money by acting in films.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video