Car driver had duped Batcha of Rs 6 crore: Report
Chennai: Even as the police continues to grope in the dark to decipher the Sadiq Batcha suicide case, his widow Reha Banu has claimed that their car driver had fled with Rs 6 crore, last August.
As per a report in a leading English daily, Banu has told investigating officers that Batchawas upset about the lost money but had preferred not to file a police complaint.
A close aide of former telecom minister A Raja, Batcha was found hanging at his home in Chennai on March 16. He had been questioned by the CBI in connection with the 2G spectrum scam as he was allegedly in the complete know of Raja’s ill gotten wealth.
Importantly, there were reports that Batcha had agreed to turn approver in the case and was supposed to fly down to Delhi the same day when he supposedly committed suicide.
The newspaper report also mentions about that the investigation has revealed that Batcha spoke to a friend called Subramanian 40 times on the day before he took his life. Subramanian is a partner in Sadiq Real Estate Agency based in Perambalur, Raja`s hometown.
On the suicide, his wife had claimed that he took this drastic step "unable to cope with the pressure" of the probe.
In the suicide note Batcha had stated that he was "embarrassed" by the raids and the extensive media coverage of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi