Case against Nityananda for mixing `holy` water with drugs
Madurai: Police on Friday informed the Madras High Court bench here that they had registered a case against controversial self-styled godman Nityananda and two others for allegedly providing devotees holy water mixed with drugs.
When the case came up for hearing before Justice A Selvam, the government advocate said police had registered a case under relevant sections against Nityanandha and two others on a complaint by petitioner M Solaikannan of Hindu Makkal Katchi that a case had not been registered.
Solaikannnan said he had filed the petition as police had not acted on his complaint to test the nature of the water given to the devotees and to take necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray