Case against Nityananda for mixing `holy` water with drugs
Madurai: Police on Friday informed the Madras High Court bench here that they had registered a case against controversial self-styled godman Nityananda and two others for allegedly providing devotees holy water mixed with drugs.
When the case came up for hearing before Justice A Selvam, the government advocate said police had registered a case under relevant sections against Nityanandha and two others on a complaint by petitioner M Solaikannan of Hindu Makkal Katchi that a case had not been registered.
Solaikannnan said he had filed the petition as police had not acted on his complaint to test the nature of the water given to the devotees and to take necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP