Case registered against AIADMK MLA in TN
Madurai: A case has been registered a case against AIADMK MLA of Karaikudi C T Palanisamy for reportedly threatening another party functionary after taking Rs 11 lakh loan from him to fight the recent elections.
The case was registered after petitioner Chinniah Ambalam filed a contempt of court case against the Inspector for not acting on a Magistrate`s orders to register a case as also the High Court.
taking action as per the directions of the court.
Ambalam said he had served a legal notice to the MLA on February 7 2011 after which the man and his henchmen came to his house and threatened him with dire consequences if he asked for repayment of the amount.
When the case came up for hearing today, the petitioner sought a direction from the court for action against the Inspector for disobeying the court order.
Justice A Selvam, posted the case for hearing to July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble