Case registered against AIADMK MLA in TN
Madurai: A case has been registered a case against AIADMK MLA of Karaikudi C T Palanisamy for reportedly threatening another party functionary after taking Rs 11 lakh loan from him to fight the recent elections.
The case was registered after petitioner Chinniah Ambalam filed a contempt of court case against the Inspector for not acting on a Magistrate`s orders to register a case as also the High Court.
taking action as per the directions of the court.
Ambalam said he had served a legal notice to the MLA on February 7 2011 after which the man and his henchmen came to his house and threatened him with dire consequences if he asked for repayment of the amount.
When the case came up for hearing today, the petitioner sought a direction from the court for action against the Inspector for disobeying the court order.
Justice A Selvam, posted the case for hearing to July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!