Case registered against Alagiri`s son
Madurai: A case has been registered against Union Minister MK Alagiri`s son Durai Dayanidhi and his partner for allegedly causing Rs five crore revenue loss to the government by illegally quarrying granite from government land.
Police said the case has been registered against Durai and his partner Nagaraj on a complaint from a Village Administrative Officer of Melur taluk that a company named Olympus, in which Durai is a partner, had illegally quarried stones worth Rs five crore.
On Saturday, police had registered cases against two granite firms for alleged illegal quarrying and charged them with destroying evidence, encroachment and damaging public property and is in the process of filing cases.
Another alleged illegal operation of sand quarrying in the district was stopped by Madurai High Court Bench on Aug 3, which banned it from 15 sites that were under operation for than five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened