Cases against 2 life convicts for pouring hot oil on prisoner
Tiruchirappalli: Cases have been registered
against two life convicts of the Central Prison here for
allegedly pouring hot oil on a remand prisoner after he
informed prison officials that the two were using a mobile
phone inside the prison complex.
The remand prisoner, Alla Pitchai (29) has been
hospitalised with burn injuries on his face.
Police said Pitchai had informed Jail officials that the
two were using a mobile phones, following which it was seized.
One of the lifers picked up a quarrel with Pitchai after
the mobile was seized, leading to fisticuffs during lunchtime.
The other lifer then grabbed a pan with some leftover hot oil
and poured it over Pitchai, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened