Cases against 2 life convicts for pouring hot oil on prisoner
Tiruchirappalli: Cases have been registered
against two life convicts of the Central Prison here for
allegedly pouring hot oil on a remand prisoner after he
informed prison officials that the two were using a mobile
phone inside the prison complex.
The remand prisoner, Alla Pitchai (29) has been
hospitalised with burn injuries on his face.
Police said Pitchai had informed Jail officials that the
two were using a mobile phones, following which it was seized.
One of the lifers picked up a quarrel with Pitchai after
the mobile was seized, leading to fisticuffs during lunchtime.
The other lifer then grabbed a pan with some leftover hot oil
and poured it over Pitchai, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi