Cases against 2 life convicts for pouring hot oil on prisoner
Tiruchirappalli: Cases have been registered
against two life convicts of the Central Prison here for
allegedly pouring hot oil on a remand prisoner after he
informed prison officials that the two were using a mobile
phone inside the prison complex.
The remand prisoner, Alla Pitchai (29) has been
hospitalised with burn injuries on his face.
Police said Pitchai had informed Jail officials that the
two were using a mobile phones, following which it was seized.
One of the lifers picked up a quarrel with Pitchai after
the mobile was seized, leading to fisticuffs during lunchtime.
The other lifer then grabbed a pan with some leftover hot oil
and poured it over Pitchai, police said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated
- Tiananmen activist Lu Jinghua alleges 'India-China economic business deal' behind visa cancellation
- VIDEO: Prepare to laugh - 23 Hilarious Inzamam-ul-Haq run outs!