Cash awards to 5 who prevented major rail mishap
Chennai: Southern Railway today gave away
cash awards to five staff members who prevented a major rail
mishap and stopped an express train on time after noticing a
gap in the tracks near Villupuram on June 12.
Southern Railway General Manager Deepak Krishan gave away
Rs 5000 to five staff members in recognition of their
alertness, timely action and presence of mind in stopping the
Rockfort Express before the portion where the track was
damaged, avoiding a major mishap," a Southern Railway release
Those who received the award include T Rajasekaran, guard
of Chennai Egmore Express, B Gopinath Rao, loco pilot and D
Rajkumar, Assistant Loco Pilot of Rockfort Express,
Mudiyambakkam, Station Master A Thurkkaram, Assistant Station
Master B Mandi and S A Dhyanidhi, Section Controller, Chennai
Egmore-Villupuram section, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy