Cash awards to 5 who prevented major rail mishap
Chennai: Southern Railway today gave away
cash awards to five staff members who prevented a major rail
mishap and stopped an express train on time after noticing a
gap in the tracks near Villupuram on June 12.
Southern Railway General Manager Deepak Krishan gave away
Rs 5000 to five staff members in recognition of their
alertness, timely action and presence of mind in stopping the
Rockfort Express before the portion where the track was
damaged, avoiding a major mishap," a Southern Railway release
Those who received the award include T Rajasekaran, guard
of Chennai Egmore Express, B Gopinath Rao, loco pilot and D
Rajkumar, Assistant Loco Pilot of Rockfort Express,
Mudiyambakkam, Station Master A Thurkkaram, Assistant Station
Master B Mandi and S A Dhyanidhi, Section Controller, Chennai
Egmore-Villupuram section, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon