Cash chest set ablaze by burglars after they fail to open it
Namakkal: Irked by their inability to fully break open an iron chest containing Rs 15 lakh in cash at an engineering unit at a village in the district, burglars set it ablaze destroying all but Rs 44,000, police said here on Saturday.
They said the small-scale unit owner had kept the cash in the box last night when 22 workers were on duty. This morning those on the morning shift noticed smoke emanating from the room where the box was kept, rushed in and found it partially broken.
A gas cutter, LPG cylinder, safety gloves and welding glass were found near the spot, police said.
Police said the chest was opened and it was found that only Rs 44,000 of the entire money was in it while the rest had burnt to ashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it