Cash chest set ablaze by burglars after they fail to open it
Namakkal: Irked by their inability to fully break open an iron chest containing Rs 15 lakh in cash at an engineering unit at a village in the district, burglars set it ablaze destroying all but Rs 44,000, police said here on Saturday.
They said the small-scale unit owner had kept the cash in the box last night when 22 workers were on duty. This morning those on the morning shift noticed smoke emanating from the room where the box was kept, rushed in and found it partially broken.
A gas cutter, LPG cylinder, safety gloves and welding glass were found near the spot, police said.
Police said the chest was opened and it was found that only Rs 44,000 of the entire money was in it while the rest had burnt to ashes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!