Cauvery agitation enters 14th day
Mandya: The agitation by local farmers` outfits against release of water to Tamil Nadu entered the 14th today, with protestors staging a dharna in front of the Deputy Commissioner`s office here.
The agitators appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also the Chairman of the Cauvery River Authority, to reconsider his decision directing the state to release 9,000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu.
Some agitators belonging to Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha and pro-Kannada outit, Karnataka Rakshana Vedike burnt the effigy of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and shouted slogans against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?