Cauvery agitation enters 14th day
Mandya: The agitation by local farmers` outfits against release of water to Tamil Nadu entered the 14th today, with protestors staging a dharna in front of the Deputy Commissioner`s office here.
The agitators appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also the Chairman of the Cauvery River Authority, to reconsider his decision directing the state to release 9,000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu.
Some agitators belonging to Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha and pro-Kannada outit, Karnataka Rakshana Vedike burnt the effigy of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and shouted slogans against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- DoT to issue demand notices this week to 6 telcos for 2006-07
- Not Virat Kohli but Joe Root is the best batsman in cricket: Muhammad Yousuf
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- Cleanliness an issue at railway stations, needs to be addressed: CAG
- Bhagwant Mann video exposed whole security system of Parliament, finds Lok Sabha probe panel