Cauvery agitation enters 14th day
Mandya: The agitation by local farmers` outfits against release of water to Tamil Nadu entered the 14th today, with protestors staging a dharna in front of the Deputy Commissioner`s office here.
The agitators appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, also the Chairman of the Cauvery River Authority, to reconsider his decision directing the state to release 9,000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu.
Some agitators belonging to Karnataka Rajya Raitha Sangha and pro-Kannada outit, Karnataka Rakshana Vedike burnt the effigy of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and shouted slogans against her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people