Cauvery row: ‘Feelings should not turn into enmity`
Chennai: As reports of tension prevailed on the Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border over the Cauvery water row, DMK chief M Karunanidhi Monday said ruling BJP in Karnataka and AIADMK in Tamil Nadu should not give room to turn the feeling of "bitterness" among people of the states into "enmity".
Underlining that he has been advocating that issues with neighbouring states should be resolved through cordial talks, he said in a statement that reports suggest Karnataka forest officials are engaged in evicting Tamil people living in border areas, leading to tension.
"Both states should handle the issue with adequate care to maintain law and order and help Tamil people living in Karnataka and people of Karnataka in Tamil Nadu live without any hurdles", Karunanidhi said.
"The ruling BJP in Karnataka and the AIADMK in Tamil Nadu should not give any room for the prevailing feeling of bitterness among people of both states over the Cauvery water issue turn into enmity," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leave PoK to Pakistan and J&K to India: Husain Haqqani on how to ensure peace
- A10 Networks acquires cloud firm Appcito
- Ajay Devgn to release 'Shivaay' trailer in a unique style! Deets inside
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Injured Steve O'Keefe to return home, Jon Holland named as replacement
- PSU banks employees strike may affect transactions worth Rs 15,000 crore