Cauvery water row: BJP`s TN unit asks Karna to release water as per SC directive
Chennai: Tamil Nadu BJP on Saturday asked the party-led Karnataka government to ensure release of Cauvery water to the state in line with the Supreme Court directive.
The party`s state executive under BJP`s Tamil Nadu unit secretary Pon Radhakrishnan also asked the Karnataka government to implement the Cauvery Monitoring Committee ruling asking the state to release 8.8 tmcft of water till October 31.
"This Executive insists the Karnataka government to release 9000 cusecs of water daily to Tamil Nadu as per the Supreme Court directive," the party said in the meeting held at Tirupur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof