CB-CID probing Tiruchi girl`s death
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Wednesday said the CB-CID was investigating into the death of a minor girl who was allegedly murdered near Tiruchirapalli two months ago.
Replying to a query raised by M H Jawahirullah of Manithaneya Makkal Katchi in the Assembly, Jayalalithaa said cases have been registered with the CBCID who were currently investigating the matter.
The girl, a class eight student of a private school in Melaputhur in Tiruchirapalli, did not return home on August 13 after attending school, she said.
A missing case has been registered by her relative Jamaludeen on August 14 at Palakarai Police station.
The girl`s body was found near Rettaimadai Railway tracks and was sent to Government Hospital for an autopsy, she said.
Observing that witnesses had stated that the girl was seen walking near railway tracks, on that fateful day, she said, the post mortem report had said that there were injuries caused by a train-hit.
"Whether there was a rail accident or whether it is a suicide or a death due to violence are being probed", she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan