CB-CID probing Tiruchi girl`s death
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa Wednesday said the CB-CID was investigating into the death of a minor girl who was allegedly murdered near Tiruchirapalli two months ago.
Replying to a query raised by M H Jawahirullah of Manithaneya Makkal Katchi in the Assembly, Jayalalithaa said cases have been registered with the CBCID who were currently investigating the matter.
The girl, a class eight student of a private school in Melaputhur in Tiruchirapalli, did not return home on August 13 after attending school, she said.
A missing case has been registered by her relative Jamaludeen on August 14 at Palakarai Police station.
The girl`s body was found near Rettaimadai Railway tracks and was sent to Government Hospital for an autopsy, she said.
Observing that witnesses had stated that the girl was seen walking near railway tracks, on that fateful day, she said, the post mortem report had said that there were injuries caused by a train-hit.
"Whether there was a rail accident or whether it is a suicide or a death due to violence are being probed", she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players