CB-CID team rushes to Bangalore
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu special investigative wing probing the twin bomb blasts on the Bangalore-Guwahati Express suspect that the explosives could have been planted at Bangalore.
Sources in the investigation agency, which rushed a team to Bangalore to pursue the new leads it stumbled on has information that the perpetrators of the explosion could have got support from sleeper modules working in Karnataka.
An official refusing to be named told PTI here that information so far collated by it suggest that the bomb fitted with a timer devise could have been planted at Bangalore.
The CB-CID police have been interacting with neighbouring state police and viewing CCTV footages of Chennai Central Railway station, the scene of the blast, sources said.
"We are studying the footages to see if the accused actually travelled in the train", the official said.
The train, which left Bangalore on April 30 at about 1135 hrs, arrived here yesterday by 7.10 AM and was delayed by about an hour. Ten minutes after its arrival, two low-intensity bombs exploded in quick succession, killing a woman techie and injuring 14 others.
In another development a six-member NSG team led by Lt. Col. Balakrishna arrived here late last night to assist the state police in the ongoing investigation into the explosions, sources said.
The NSG team held discussions with top police officials of the state on the incident, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25