`CBI chargesheet a conspiracy against Anbumani`
Chennai: Describing as a "conspiracy" the CBI`s chargesheet against his son and former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss for alleged abuse of official position, PMK founder-president S Ramadoss today said there were no irregularities and the case would be faced "legally".
"There were no irregularities... We will prove his innocence legally," Ramadoss told reporters here.
Anbumani Ramadoss and nine others were chargesheeted by CBI in a Delhi court on April 27 for allegedly abusing his official position in allowing an Indore-based medical college to go ahead with admissions without having sufficient faculty and clinical material when he was the Health Minister from 2004 till April 2009 in UPA-I.
Claiming that the filing of the chargesheet was a "conspiracy", the PMK chief alleged it was aimed at harming his son`s popularity and damage his political influence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened