`CBI chargesheet a conspiracy against Anbumani`
Chennai: Describing as a "conspiracy" the CBI`s chargesheet against his son and former Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss for alleged abuse of official position, PMK founder-president S Ramadoss today said there were no irregularities and the case would be faced "legally".
"There were no irregularities... We will prove his innocence legally," Ramadoss told reporters here.
Anbumani Ramadoss and nine others were chargesheeted by CBI in a Delhi court on April 27 for allegedly abusing his official position in allowing an Indore-based medical college to go ahead with admissions without having sufficient faculty and clinical material when he was the Health Minister from 2004 till April 2009 in UPA-I.
Claiming that the filing of the chargesheet was a "conspiracy", the PMK chief alleged it was aimed at harming his son`s popularity and damage his political influence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!