CBI court rejects bail pleas in Madurai
Madurai: The CBI court here has rejected the bail pleas of three Engineers of the Southern Railway who were allegedly involved in a sand scam while doing earthwork/buttress work for a railway track.
The officials, including Divisional Engineer K R Prakash and his deputites P.Selvarasu and Kumaravel, had been arrested for allegedly helping contractor M.G.Pari to use sub-standard sand for reinforcement of the track during earthwork.
CBI counsel said the main accused, Pari, was still absconding, and till he was arrested, the officials should not be given bail.
Accepting the contention, the court last evening rejected the bail pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test