CBI court rejects bail pleas in Madurai
Madurai: The CBI court here has rejected the bail pleas of three Engineers of the Southern Railway who were allegedly involved in a sand scam while doing earthwork/buttress work for a railway track.
The officials, including Divisional Engineer K R Prakash and his deputites P.Selvarasu and Kumaravel, had been arrested for allegedly helping contractor M.G.Pari to use sub-standard sand for reinforcement of the track during earthwork.
CBI counsel said the main accused, Pari, was still absconding, and till he was arrested, the officials should not be given bail.
Accepting the contention, the court last evening rejected the bail pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed