CBI court rejects bail pleas in Madurai
Madurai: The CBI court here has rejected the bail pleas of three Engineers of the Southern Railway who were allegedly involved in a sand scam while doing earthwork/buttress work for a railway track.
The officials, including Divisional Engineer K R Prakash and his deputites P.Selvarasu and Kumaravel, had been arrested for allegedly helping contractor M.G.Pari to use sub-standard sand for reinforcement of the track during earthwork.
CBI counsel said the main accused, Pari, was still absconding, and till he was arrested, the officials should not be given bail.
Accepting the contention, the court last evening rejected the bail pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...