CBI court rejects bail pleas in Madurai
Madurai: The CBI court here has rejected the bail pleas of three Engineers of the Southern Railway who were allegedly involved in a sand scam while doing earthwork/buttress work for a railway track.
The officials, including Divisional Engineer K R Prakash and his deputites P.Selvarasu and Kumaravel, had been arrested for allegedly helping contractor M.G.Pari to use sub-standard sand for reinforcement of the track during earthwork.
CBI counsel said the main accused, Pari, was still absconding, and till he was arrested, the officials should not be given bail.
Accepting the contention, the court last evening rejected the bail pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list