CBI court rejects bail pleas in Madurai
Madurai: The CBI court here has rejected the bail pleas of three Engineers of the Southern Railway who were allegedly involved in a sand scam while doing earthwork/buttress work for a railway track.
The officials, including Divisional Engineer K R Prakash and his deputites P.Selvarasu and Kumaravel, had been arrested for allegedly helping contractor M.G.Pari to use sub-standard sand for reinforcement of the track during earthwork.
CBI counsel said the main accused, Pari, was still absconding, and till he was arrested, the officials should not be given bail.
Accepting the contention, the court last evening rejected the bail pleas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!