CBI grills IPS officer for fourth day
Coimbatore: CBI continued questioning of senior IPS officer Pramod Kumar, arrested in connection with Rs 824-crore Paazee Forex Trading scam case, for the fourth day on Monday.
Kumar, then IGP (West Zone) here when the case was registered, was arrested in New Delhi on May 2 on the charge of entering into a conspiracy to get a bribe of Rs 10 crore from Paazee Forex Trading company for protecting its directors facing charges of duping depositors to the tune of Rs 826 crore in 2009.
A 1989 batch officer, Kumar was later produced before a court here which remanded him in CBI custody till tomorrow.
Police said the CBI wanted to hold inquiries with two women IPS officers who had served under Kumar during the scam period.
The investigating agency wanted to know whether they were aware of Kumar allegedly using three of their subordinates to extort money from the company and if they failed to report it to their higher ups, police said, adding there was no complaint against the two.
They also said the IPS officer might be taken to Tirupur, the headquarters of Paazee group of companies, tomorrow for interrogation.
The CBI has charged Kumar with abusing his official position and making his subordinates and accomplices extort Rs 2.85 crore, deposited by the public, from Paazee Group of companies. He was on the run for a long time and the Madras High Court had turned down his anticipatory bail plea last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India