CBI grills IPS officer for fourth day
Coimbatore: CBI continued questioning of senior IPS officer Pramod Kumar, arrested in connection with Rs 824-crore Paazee Forex Trading scam case, for the fourth day on Monday.
Kumar, then IGP (West Zone) here when the case was registered, was arrested in New Delhi on May 2 on the charge of entering into a conspiracy to get a bribe of Rs 10 crore from Paazee Forex Trading company for protecting its directors facing charges of duping depositors to the tune of Rs 826 crore in 2009.
A 1989 batch officer, Kumar was later produced before a court here which remanded him in CBI custody till tomorrow.
Police said the CBI wanted to hold inquiries with two women IPS officers who had served under Kumar during the scam period.
The investigating agency wanted to know whether they were aware of Kumar allegedly using three of their subordinates to extort money from the company and if they failed to report it to their higher ups, police said, adding there was no complaint against the two.
They also said the IPS officer might be taken to Tirupur, the headquarters of Paazee group of companies, tomorrow for interrogation.
The CBI has charged Kumar with abusing his official position and making his subordinates and accomplices extort Rs 2.85 crore, deposited by the public, from Paazee Group of companies. He was on the run for a long time and the Madras High Court had turned down his anticipatory bail plea last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days