CBI office gets hoax bomb threat call
Chennai: Security officials at Shastri Bhawan, which houses various Central government departments here, and police personnel on Tuesday were sent into a tizzy after a phone call claimed a bomb was placed in one of the offices there.
However, the call later turned out to be a hoax, police said.
A phone call made to the CBI`s Anti Corruption Bureau office located on the third floor of Shastri Bhawan claimed a bomb planted in the premises would go off around 10 am today.
"We received information about a bomb being planted. We combed the office and conducted complete searches in the office. The call proved to be a hoax", a senior police officer told reporters here.
Shastri Bhawan also houses among others, offices of the Enforcement Directorate, Department of Atomic Energy, External Affairs Ministry`s Regional Passport Office, Home Ministry`s Foreigners Regional Registration Office .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!