CBI office gets hoax bomb threat call
Chennai: Security officials at Shastri Bhawan, which houses various Central government departments here, and police personnel on Tuesday were sent into a tizzy after a phone call claimed a bomb was placed in one of the offices there.
However, the call later turned out to be a hoax, police said.
A phone call made to the CBI`s Anti Corruption Bureau office located on the third floor of Shastri Bhawan claimed a bomb planted in the premises would go off around 10 am today.
"We received information about a bomb being planted. We combed the office and conducted complete searches in the office. The call proved to be a hoax", a senior police officer told reporters here.
Shastri Bhawan also houses among others, offices of the Enforcement Directorate, Department of Atomic Energy, External Affairs Ministry`s Regional Passport Office, Home Ministry`s Foreigners Regional Registration Office .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon