CBI office gets hoax bomb threat call
Chennai: Security officials at Shastri Bhawan, which houses various Central government departments here, and police personnel on Tuesday were sent into a tizzy after a phone call claimed a bomb was placed in one of the offices there.
However, the call later turned out to be a hoax, police said.
A phone call made to the CBI`s Anti Corruption Bureau office located on the third floor of Shastri Bhawan claimed a bomb planted in the premises would go off around 10 am today.
"We received information about a bomb being planted. We combed the office and conducted complete searches in the office. The call proved to be a hoax", a senior police officer told reporters here.
Shastri Bhawan also houses among others, offices of the Enforcement Directorate, Department of Atomic Energy, External Affairs Ministry`s Regional Passport Office, Home Ministry`s Foreigners Regional Registration Office .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more