CBI office gets hoax bomb threat call
Chennai: Security officials at Shastri Bhawan, which houses various Central government departments here, and police personnel on Tuesday were sent into a tizzy after a phone call claimed a bomb was placed in one of the offices there.
However, the call later turned out to be a hoax, police said.
A phone call made to the CBI`s Anti Corruption Bureau office located on the third floor of Shastri Bhawan claimed a bomb planted in the premises would go off around 10 am today.
"We received information about a bomb being planted. We combed the office and conducted complete searches in the office. The call proved to be a hoax", a senior police officer told reporters here.
Shastri Bhawan also houses among others, offices of the Enforcement Directorate, Department of Atomic Energy, External Affairs Ministry`s Regional Passport Office, Home Ministry`s Foreigners Regional Registration Office .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore