CBI office gets hoax bomb threat call
Chennai: Security officials at Shastri Bhawan, which houses various Central government departments here, and police personnel on Tuesday were sent into a tizzy after a phone call claimed a bomb was placed in one of the offices there.
However, the call later turned out to be a hoax, police said.
A phone call made to the CBI`s Anti Corruption Bureau office located on the third floor of Shastri Bhawan claimed a bomb planted in the premises would go off around 10 am today.
"We received information about a bomb being planted. We combed the office and conducted complete searches in the office. The call proved to be a hoax", a senior police officer told reporters here.
Shastri Bhawan also houses among others, offices of the Enforcement Directorate, Department of Atomic Energy, External Affairs Ministry`s Regional Passport Office, Home Ministry`s Foreigners Regional Registration Office .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader