Cellphones, accessories recovered during prison search
Coimbatore: A large number of cellphones and accessories were recovered from cells housing some convicts and prisoners of the 1998 serial bomb blasts during a routine check up in the Central prison here on Sunday, police said.
The vigilance department carried out the routine check up.
Nine cell phones, eight SIM cards, two batteries and two chargers and over Rs 4,000 in cash were recovered from four prisoners, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living