Cellphones, accessories recovered during prison search
Coimbatore: A large number of cellphones and accessories were recovered from cells housing some convicts and prisoners of the 1998 serial bomb blasts during a routine check up in the Central prison here on Sunday, police said.
The vigilance department carried out the routine check up.
Nine cell phones, eight SIM cards, two batteries and two chargers and over Rs 4,000 in cash were recovered from four prisoners, they said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt