Cellphones, accessories recovered during prison search
Coimbatore: A large number of cellphones and accessories were recovered from cells housing some convicts and prisoners of the 1998 serial bomb blasts during a routine check up in the Central prison here on Sunday, police said.
The vigilance department carried out the routine check up.
Nine cell phones, eight SIM cards, two batteries and two chargers and over Rs 4,000 in cash were recovered from four prisoners, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video