Cellphones, accessories recovered during prison search
Coimbatore: A large number of cellphones and accessories were recovered from cells housing some convicts and prisoners of the 1998 serial bomb blasts during a routine check up in the Central prison here on Sunday, police said.
The vigilance department carried out the routine check up.
Nine cell phones, eight SIM cards, two batteries and two chargers and over Rs 4,000 in cash were recovered from four prisoners, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra