Central team in Tiruchi to assess condition of crops
Tiruchirappalli: With a view to assess Tamil Nadu`s claim on the condition of standing crops, the Central Committee on Tuesday visited Tiruchirappalli and Mannargudi for an on-the-spot study of the situation in the Delta area.
The committee headed by Chief Engineer, Water Resources, Jacob Mahendran and SE Thangamani inspected the affected areas, officials said today.
Yesterday, the Supreme Court had directed the Central Water Commission Chairman to appoint an expert panel of three members to visit the delta region and submit a report to it latest by February 6.
The court had given the direction following disputed claims by the warring states, Tamil Nadu and neighbouring Karnataka on the standing crops condition in Tamil Nadu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie