Centre would soon notify Cauvery tribunal award: Vasan
Chennai: The Centre would soon notify the final award of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal, Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan on Saturday said.
"The final award of the Cauvery Water tribunal will be notified in the gazette soon," Vasan told reporters.
Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging him to immediately notify the tribunal`s final order for ensuring release of water by Karnataka to save withering crops in the state.
Vasan expressed hope the notification would help resolve inter-state water sharing problems in future.
Replying to another question on the Bill for reservation for SCs and STs in government job promotions, he said the government would make "sincere efforts" to get it passed in Parliament.
"Some political parties had strongly opposed it in Lok Sabha and created a situation so as to block the government`s good intention," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?