Centre would soon notify Cauvery tribunal award: Vasan
Chennai: The Centre would soon notify the final award of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal, Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan on Saturday said.
"The final award of the Cauvery Water tribunal will be notified in the gazette soon," Vasan told reporters.
Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging him to immediately notify the tribunal`s final order for ensuring release of water by Karnataka to save withering crops in the state.
Vasan expressed hope the notification would help resolve inter-state water sharing problems in future.
Replying to another question on the Bill for reservation for SCs and STs in government job promotions, he said the government would make "sincere efforts" to get it passed in Parliament.
"Some political parties had strongly opposed it in Lok Sabha and created a situation so as to block the government`s good intention," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference