Centre would soon notify Cauvery tribunal award: Vasan
Chennai: The Centre would soon notify the final award of the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal, Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan on Saturday said.
"The final award of the Cauvery Water tribunal will be notified in the gazette soon," Vasan told reporters.
Earlier in the day, Chief Minister Jayalalithaa shot off a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urging him to immediately notify the tribunal`s final order for ensuring release of water by Karnataka to save withering crops in the state.
Vasan expressed hope the notification would help resolve inter-state water sharing problems in future.
Replying to another question on the Bill for reservation for SCs and STs in government job promotions, he said the government would make "sincere efforts" to get it passed in Parliament.
"Some political parties had strongly opposed it in Lok Sabha and created a situation so as to block the government`s good intention," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden