Chargesheet filed in C’batore children murder case
Coimbatore: The chargesheet in the case relating to the recent kidnap and murder of a 11-year old girl and her brother, which evoked public outrage, was on Monday filed in a court here.
The 400 page chargesheet filed before the 5th Judicial Magistrate Gopinath, has 85 supporting documents and cites 126 witnesses.
Muskan and her 7-year old brother Hrithik Jain, children of a textile merchant, were abducted by their former van driver Mohanraj on October 29 last with the help of another driver, Manoharan.
The duo, who initially planned to demand ransom, took the children to nearby Pollachi, allegedly raped Muskan and killed both by throwing them into a canal.
While both Mohanraj and Manoharan were arrested, the former was killed in an alleged encounter with police when he was being taken to Pollachi.
Police had said he tried to escape by snatching the revolver of escort police and fired at them, injuring two.
Manoharan is lodged in the Central Jail here. The trial was expected to commence soon, court sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why