Chargesheet filed in C’batore children murder case
Coimbatore: The chargesheet in the case relating to the recent kidnap and murder of a 11-year old girl and her brother, which evoked public outrage, was on Monday filed in a court here.
The 400 page chargesheet filed before the 5th Judicial Magistrate Gopinath, has 85 supporting documents and cites 126 witnesses.
Muskan and her 7-year old brother Hrithik Jain, children of a textile merchant, were abducted by their former van driver Mohanraj on October 29 last with the help of another driver, Manoharan.
The duo, who initially planned to demand ransom, took the children to nearby Pollachi, allegedly raped Muskan and killed both by throwing them into a canal.
While both Mohanraj and Manoharan were arrested, the former was killed in an alleged encounter with police when he was being taken to Pollachi.
Police had said he tried to escape by snatching the revolver of escort police and fired at them, injuring two.
Manoharan is lodged in the Central Jail here. The trial was expected to commence soon, court sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH