Chargesheet filed in C’batore children murder case
Coimbatore: The chargesheet in the case relating to the recent kidnap and murder of a 11-year old girl and her brother, which evoked public outrage, was on Monday filed in a court here.
The 400 page chargesheet filed before the 5th Judicial Magistrate Gopinath, has 85 supporting documents and cites 126 witnesses.
Muskan and her 7-year old brother Hrithik Jain, children of a textile merchant, were abducted by their former van driver Mohanraj on October 29 last with the help of another driver, Manoharan.
The duo, who initially planned to demand ransom, took the children to nearby Pollachi, allegedly raped Muskan and killed both by throwing them into a canal.
While both Mohanraj and Manoharan were arrested, the former was killed in an alleged encounter with police when he was being taken to Pollachi.
Police had said he tried to escape by snatching the revolver of escort police and fired at them, injuring two.
Manoharan is lodged in the Central Jail here. The trial was expected to commence soon, court sources said.
- Temples, trusts deposit 1,512 kg gold under GMS: Sinha
- Here's how Vinod Kambli answered a question about Arjun Tendulkar and his son playing for India!
- Amazing! School of fish drinks milk from bottle like human babies – Watch
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports