Chargesheet filed in C’batore children murder case
Coimbatore: The chargesheet in the case relating to the recent kidnap and murder of a 11-year old girl and her brother, which evoked public outrage, was on Monday filed in a court here.
The 400 page chargesheet filed before the 5th Judicial Magistrate Gopinath, has 85 supporting documents and cites 126 witnesses.
Muskan and her 7-year old brother Hrithik Jain, children of a textile merchant, were abducted by their former van driver Mohanraj on October 29 last with the help of another driver, Manoharan.
The duo, who initially planned to demand ransom, took the children to nearby Pollachi, allegedly raped Muskan and killed both by throwing them into a canal.
While both Mohanraj and Manoharan were arrested, the former was killed in an alleged encounter with police when he was being taken to Pollachi.
Police had said he tried to escape by snatching the revolver of escort police and fired at them, injuring two.
Manoharan is lodged in the Central Jail here. The trial was expected to commence soon, court sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Anurag Thakur is Lt Anurag Thakur now, joins Territorial Army – Watch his pics here
- What an achievement! Anurag Thakur becomes first BJP MP to be commissioned into Territorial Army
- Rahul Gandhi kicks off Congress' poll campaign in Lucknow; vows to make UP no. 1 state, praises Sheila Dikshit
- Jeff Bezos world's third-richest, surpasses Warren Buffett: Forbes
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA