Cheating case filed against Sasikala`s relative
Chennai: A day after he was arrested for
charges including abduction and extortion, a case of criminal
intimidation and cheating has been slapped on Saturday against
Ravanan, a relative of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s estranged
The case was filed at Central Crime Branch of City Police
here based on the complaint of a property developer that
Ravanan refused to return Rs one crore he had received for
getting sand quarry license for the former, police said.
The complainant, R Krishnamoorthy, MD of RK Imay Property
Developers, had alleged that he had paid the sum for getting
a sand quarry license in Karur but neither did he get it nor
Ravanan repay the amount, police said.
Ravanan and two others had threatened the petitioner with
dire consequences, police said, adding, that the investigation
into the case is underway.
Ravanan, recently expelled from AIADMK along with
Sasikala, her husband M Natarajan and some other relatives
following allegations of their intervention in administration,
was arrested in Coimbatore yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family