Cheating case filed against Sasikala`s relative
Chennai: A day after he was arrested for
charges including abduction and extortion, a case of criminal
intimidation and cheating has been slapped on Saturday against
Ravanan, a relative of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa`s estranged
The case was filed at Central Crime Branch of City Police
here based on the complaint of a property developer that
Ravanan refused to return Rs one crore he had received for
getting sand quarry license for the former, police said.
The complainant, R Krishnamoorthy, MD of RK Imay Property
Developers, had alleged that he had paid the sum for getting
a sand quarry license in Karur but neither did he get it nor
Ravanan repay the amount, police said.
Ravanan and two others had threatened the petitioner with
dire consequences, police said, adding, that the investigation
into the case is underway.
Ravanan, recently expelled from AIADMK along with
Sasikala, her husband M Natarajan and some other relatives
following allegations of their intervention in administration,
was arrested in Coimbatore yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant