Chennai-bound flight makes emergency landing
Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysia Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Chennai, has made an emergency landing in Penang State due to technical problems.
Airlines senior manager Mohd Arif Jaafar said the plane landed at 8.04 am at the airport after the pilot detected the fault.
"The flight had just taken off from the KL International Airport when the fault was detected. We had to give clearance for the aircraft to land as the priority was for the safety of the passengers and crew on board.
"This resulted in a delay in the landing of several other flights here," he told state news agency Bernama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers