Chennai-bound flight makes emergency landing
Kuala Lumpur: A Malaysia Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur to Chennai, has made an emergency landing in Penang State due to technical problems.
Airlines senior manager Mohd Arif Jaafar said the plane landed at 8.04 am at the airport after the pilot detected the fault.
"The flight had just taken off from the KL International Airport when the fault was detected. We had to give clearance for the aircraft to land as the priority was for the safety of the passengers and crew on board.
"This resulted in a delay in the landing of several other flights here," he told state news agency Bernama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy