Chennai-bound Kaveri Express derails, none injured
Vellore (TN): Some coaches and engine of the Chennai-bound Kaveri Express from Mysore derailed near Tamil Nadu-Karnataka border near here in the wee hours of today, railway sources said.
The engine along with five coaches of the train derailed around 2.40 am when the driver tried to stop the train after he saw some rocks on the tracks, they said.
None were injured.
Since the route had double lining, traffic on the route was not affected much, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"