Chennai boy killing: Army Chief for strong action

Last Updated: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - 18:38

New Delhi: With some army personnel coming
under scanner over the killing of a 13-year-old boy in
Chennai, Army Chief General VK Singh today promised strong
action against anybody found guilty but said the entire force
should not be defamed if any individual is suspected.
"Whoever has committed any mistake in the incident - be
it an officer or a jawan -, strong action will be taken
against him," Singh told reporters here while talking about
the incident in which a teenage boy Dilshan was killed inside
St George cantonment on Sunday.



A Lt Colonel and a jawan have been questioned by Crime
Branch-CID in connection with the incident. However, no one
has been arrested so far.



On suspicion that boy could have been killed by the Lt
Colonel, Singh said, "It is wrong to say that army is involved
in this. It is a matter of someone raising doubt on an
individual."
"We have always said that the incident is regrettable
and we have sympathy with the aggrieved family," said Singh.



An army statement yesterday said all its personnel in
vicinity of the spot where the incident took place and the
civilian security guard on duty in the compound, who could
throw any light on the incident, have been made available for
joint investigations by military police and the CB-CID police.



The Army Chief was interacting with reporters on
sidelines of a book-launch function here.



PTI



First Published: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 - 18:38

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus